Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 3, 2012

NOW THAT NOLAN IS GONE BATMAN HAS FREE REIGN AND CAN APPEAR ON TV!


Producer Marc Guggenheim Batman Will POSSIBLY Appear In ARROW!

Arrow producer Marc Guggenheim talks more about what we should and shouldn't expect from the upcoming CW show, and reveals whether the team on the series will be allowed to use the Caped Crusader (something Smallville never did during its decade long run).


We already know that well-know Green Arrow villains, 'China White' and 'Deadshot' will apear in the upcoming CW series, but in an interview with IGN TVArrow producer Marc Guggenheim was asked if fans should expect to see some familiar heroic faces turn up as well. Unfortunately, his answer is (unsurprisingly) a fairly vague one.

"I would say, 'Probably.' One of the things we want to do is roll the show out at the right pace. For the most part, I think we’ve taken the philosophy that things are happening sooner rather than later. I always feel like every time we get the note from the network, 'Is this happening too soon?,' I feel like we’re on the right track. I know as a viewer myself, I’m impatient. I want to see stuff. We’re not going to make the audience wait to see characters, plot twists, revelations. I think running out of great characters and great moments is a quality problem to have, and I just want to have them."

As for whether Batman will be one of the allies that this iteration of Oliver Queen meets up with, Guggenheim remains optimistic that the team behind Arrow will be able to use him in the series. For years, fans hoped that they might see Bruce Wayne appear in Smallville, but the show was never allowed by Warner Bros. execs to use him. Could that now change following the release of Christopher Nolan's final film in The Dark Knight trilogy?

"Oh, my hope is that we can use him at some point. I think that plagued the Smallville showrunners more than it plagues us because, obviously, the Dark Knight Trilogy is over. They’re not available to us yet. My hope is that they’ll be available to us at some point. That would be awesome. No question, that would be absolutely awesome. But I don’t know. That’s a definite possibility but above my paygrade.


No comments:

Post a Comment